#52 A YEAR OF PODCASTING PART 2: the BEAUTY of beginnings, flow, listening, taking a compliment, and choosing ease over easy
SPECIAL EDITION ANNIVERSARY EPISODE
As I approached our 1 year podcast anniversary, I realized that there were a lot of BIG life lessons thatI learned along the way. I launched the podcast on April 4, 2017 and we only have had one week without an episode, which was the week I want to Madeira, Portugal. Despite the face that I had NO intention of this being a continuing weekly podcast, I fell in love with the art of podcasting and connecting with all of you.
In this week's episode, I'm sharing my thoughts on beginning without all the answers, honoring your strengths and choosing a life of ease and joy over the easy way out, even if the road to ease challenges you! I even answer my own Rapid Fire Questions and read some of your reviews!
Find us on iTunes at Self Care Spotlight
THIS WEEK'S GIRL TALK:
- How and why I started the podcast unintentionally
- Starting without all the answers
- The beauty of being a beginner
- The art of listening
- Honoring your strengths
- Learning from compliments
- Choosing ease and joy over "easy" and what's the difference
- Hell yes living
- How goals are like relationships
- The importance of sustainable self care
- People want people, not perfect
- A deep thank you from me to YOU!
- What I want for this podcast's future
- I read your reviews live!
- My responses to our "Rapid Fire Questions"
More about Alyssa
Alyssa is the founder of The Journal Deck, The Self Care Spotlight Podcast, and the Self Care Collective online membership. She is a yoga + meditation teacher who believes that self care has the ability to change the world, and she is on a mission to help others live in alignment with their Truth.
With personal experience in breaking the norm and walking away from a 9-5 future, and first-hand experience in the healing power of self care and self love after major life challenges, Alyssa is able to guide others in living their best life full of trust, grace, flow, clarity, and abundance.
She also runs yoga retreats and teaches full time in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Close to Om by Andrea Marcum
- The Millionaire Morning by Lewis Howes
- Fav. authors: Danielle Laporte, Rebecca Campbell, Elizabeth Gilbert
- Fav podcasts: Good Life Project, Priestess Podcast, Super Soul Conversations, Online Marketing Made Easy
- Plated subscription box