#50 YOGA METAPHORS: HOW YOU DO YOUR YOGA IS HOW YOU DO YOUR LIFE WITH ANDREA MARCUM
Enlightening and fresh, yet practical and wise. Andrea has been teaching yoga for nearly 20 years, which is more like a rare gem in this day-an-age of rapid yoga teacher trainings. Andrea's new book, "Close To Om: Stretching yoga from your mat to your life," with it's unique layout and thought out message speaks as both a yoga manual and a memoir. It breaks down poses and even esoteric yogic texts and relates them to real life.
In the same manner, Andrea does this effortlessly on this week's podcast. Whether you're a newbie or seasoned yogi, you're sure to get a new perspective for stepping on to your mat and into your best life!
Find us on iTunes at Self Care Spotlight
THIS WEEK'S GIRL TALK:
- On being a yoga teacher in pre-social media days and what we can learn from them
- Her take on the Instagram yoga world
- Her inspiration for writing the book
- The book's unique layout AND your yoga journey: Awaken, transform, unite
- How you do your yoga is how you do your life
- The story of teaching her first yoga class (it's a good one!)
- Yoga as Metaphors for patience, forgiveness, presence, and much more
- Yoga as physical, psychological, and philosophical and how that impacts us differently than other forms of exercise
- Dharma (highest path) and Santosha (contentment) and how to find them
- How to see obstacles as stepping stones
- Her early days as a signer/songwriter and what that taught her
- Creating Space is Creative Space
- Her daily mindfulness recommendations: S.T.O.P., S.T.A.R.T., the ABC's and "little savasanas"
- Her "On the Mat" Challenge for YOU!
Learn about Andrea
Andrea has a certain lightness about her. It’s as if working hard as a yoga instructor for nearly 20 years, traveling to lead retreats and workshops around the world, shooting hours of video content and becoming a best-selling author haven’t caused her to lose her “Om.”Known for weaving accessible philosophy into the poses, Andrea loves leading the most unassuming newbies to yoga and mindfulness and works with everyone from athletes to executives. Andrea believes our yoga mats are magic carpets to look into our lives and to see the world, and her recipe for living your yoga, bringing it off the mat & into the rest of your life, is now in book form and titled, Close to Om.
- BUY THE BOOK! Close To Om